Sign up to get notified when this product is back in stock
Availability: Out of stock
Gives pharmacists the broad information they need to be able to dispense and counter-prescribe homeopathic medicines with confidence.
In response to the rise in patient demand for, and interest in, homeopathic medicines, pharmacists are increasingly being asked for advice and help with prescribed and over-the-counter (OTC) remedies. This second edition gives pharmacists the broad information they need to be able to dispense and counter-prescribe homeopathic methods with confidence. In addition the book will act as a resource for other health professionals wishing to learn about homeopharmaceutics and the process of prescribing.
Designed as both a complete source of initial information and everyday reference, Homeopathic Pharmacy: Theory and Practice:
- Details procedures relevant to pharmacists and other health professionals - from manufacture and dispensing to prescribing
- Outlines the theoretical principles of homeopathic prescribing
- Describes application of homeopathy for both general situations such as first aid, dentistry, sports care and pet care, and specific situations, such as allergies, infections and teenagers' problems
- Provides easy-to-use reference tables for 60 common remedies and the symptoms related to their prescription Critically reviews important research papers and provides a guide to designing research protocols Discusses the legal status of homeopathic remedies
- Gives an account of the historical development of homeopathy in Europe and beyond
- Contains practical information such as homeopathic pharmacopoeias, methods of preparation of homeopathic medicines; nomenclature for potencies; dosage forms; interpreting, dispensing and pricing prescriptions
New to this edition:
- Fully revised and updated throughout
- Includes new developments in pharmacy
- Section on research expanded and improved, taking a more evidence-based approach Appendix of Useful Addresses expanded and fully updated
- Fully updated legal section incorporating legal status in the USA, Canada and Europe
Quote from review of the first edition
"...there is little Steven Kayne does not know about the knowledge pharmacists need to dispense
homeopathic remedies. Excellent background material on homeopathy, sound principles for homeopathic prescribing over a wide range of conditions and easy-to-use reference tables for 60 common remedies and the symptoms related to their prescription make this an important book for every pharmacist."
- International Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
What is your favorite Magento feature?